Friday 16 November 2007

Exploring virtual landscapes

Exploring virtual landscapes - as a "digital immigrant" it's kind of an adventure each time I do something new - however long I've moved around in various applications it never changes!

That's why I would so much like to have magical powers, enabling me to fly through all the different landscapes offered in virtual spaces! Having been part of the exploration for many years does not help much - it just makes me feel like a dinosaur sometimes, observing the ease with which "digital natives" get the hang of moving around in virtual worlds in an instant ...

The 'immigrant' problem is manifold, as it is in real worlds. Sometimes I feel unwanted (see 'Students tell universities: Get out of MySpace!'), often rather slow, anxious not to fall of my carpet!

No comments: